We had an awesomen Thanksgiving. My best friend Lisa invited us to join them at her parents home in Humboldt (45 minutes from Beatrice). My girls were very excited because it meant spending the day with Grandma Judy and Papa Ron. When we arrived at about noon, we were welcomed by the aroma from Judy's kitchen. Lisa was busy with the last pie and her dad was busy cutting up the turkey and the ham with something that looked like a small electric saw. I have to ask Lisa what it was. Anyway, after a little while Lisa's Grandma, Ruth arrived with her friend "Red" (Lawrence) . She introduced us to him and told us that they had been friends since 1946! Lisa's brother, Eric arrived with his wife and their daughter Brittney a little later. I had not seen Brittney for years and she had grown so much. All my girls wanted to sit next to her at the dinner table. She was definitely very popular with the kids.
I was asked to say a prayer before we ate and I graciously agreed. We all sat down to eat and I have to admitt that the turkey and the ham was so delicious that I had to ask for the recipe to see if I can try bake a turkey at Christmas. Judy is an awesome cook and she had prepared quite a feast. She had set a small kids table with little chairs for the children but since the girls wanted to sit with Britney, Eric, Haven, Kanana and myself ended up sitting at the kids table!!! Eric was was on his knees most of the time anyway because the chairs were too small. Believe it or not I balanced myself very well and had a great time at the kids table with Haven and Kanana.
After dinner, most people crushed on the couches in the living room or downstairs in the family room. The girls went outside to swing and ride the go-cart with Papa Ron. I helped Judy load up the dishwasher. After a while, the girls came in and started playing random notes on the piano. When the noise became unbearable, I asked them to play on the floor with some blocks. Lisa (with Haven on her lap) and Grandma Ruth played a couple of songs on the piano. It was so cool to see those three play togehter.
Aunt Esther also had a lot of fun visiting with Lisa's parents and Grandma. It was her first Thanksgiving and it reminded her of Christmas celebration in Kenya. At about 4PM we left for Beatrice after having so much to eat and a lot of fun. I hope your Thanksving was great too.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
That sounds like a lot of fun. I am glad that Auntie enjoyed her first American Thanksgiving. We miss you all -- Carolyn
Post a Comment