Monday, February 2, 2009

Nana's Visit to the ER!!!!


On Saturday, I was doing laundry downstairs while the girls were watching Disney Playhouse on the computer. After a few minutes, My two year old came to me drooling! I looked at her and my first thought was that she had eaten some laundry detergent. I panicked and then composed myself and asked "Nana, did you eat something?". She replied "yes". Then I continued "What did you eat?" and she replied "I ate money". So I thought, great she has turned her stomach into a bank!!! I asked her to open her mouth and all that I could see was alot of saliva. I touched her throat with my fingers and sure enough I could feel the coin. I hurried to put on my shoes and threw a jacket over her and dashed out to the car. Luckly enough we, live two blocks from the Beatrice Community Hospital. Within seconds, we were at the ER. The doctor examined her and informed me that her vital signs were good. He then ordered chest x-rays to see where the coin was lounged. Sure enough, when the x-rays came in, we could see the coin down in her large intestines!!!. The doctor told me that she was not in danger but to just wait until the time when she would pass the coin in her stools. So, as I write this, Nana still has the coin in her new bank and I hope she will withdraw her savings soon.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh Alice, I am sorry, but I couldn't help laughing. That bank thing is so funny. Miss you!

Alyssa Brewer said...

oh Nana! silly baby!
i'm glad she's ok ^-^