Friday, April 8, 2011

BACK TO BLOGGING AGAIN

It's Friday and the end of another busy week. I have not blogged for a year now and again I blame it on facebook. This blog will be disorganized and nothing will flow as it should since there is so much to write about and I don't know where to begin. This weekend our daughter turns 9 years old. Oh, how time flies. Kiki is just full of life. She continues to do extremely well at school and just finished a season with All-Stars cheerleading squad here in Beatrice. We went to her competitions in Omaha and Kansas City and we all had a blast. The other two girls are also busy with school and dance lessons. We cannot wait for Kinya and Kanana's dance recital in June! As for me, its the same old story, work, be mom and sometimes daddy :( and make sure everybody is taken care of. To be honest, I love to multi-task and all the joy that comes with being a mom. However, my joy will be complete when my husband is home! I know it is going to happen very soon, whether it means him coming here or us going back to Kenya.

So this morning, I ordered cake and reserved the Rolla-Rena skating link for Kiki's Birthday. Sunrise Bakery is our favourite place to order cakes because we think their cakes are yummy and priced right, not to mention that Kiki's principle at school owns the bussiness :) Kiki has invited five friends to come and celebrate with her. We are looking forward to have some fun tommorow. I only wish I could skate but hey, the last time I attempted to do it, I fell on my butt and was in pain for a week. So I decided that this old dog will not learn new tricks now.

This will be my last year of my thirties, YES! I have decided to have fun and enjoy life. I feel like I have accomplished quite abit acedemically and I am now settling down to be a career woman, a wife, and a mom. A long the way I have made some meaningful friendships. My number one goal and birthday wish is to get my full psychology license by October this year. Therefore, the summer is going to be a busy one for me.

Moses still teaching at Busoga Christian University with plans to take a full time faculty position at Kenya Methodist Univertity. We miss him dearly each day and the phone bill reflects that :) The US embassy in Uganda is still sitting on his file. They have not said "Yes" or "No" regarding his request to come back to us. I just wish they could make a decision soon because that can help us make solid decision. Our lawyer, Mr. Brown is still pushing for his return. However, Moses and I have decided that we are not going to sit & wait for the embassy to plan our lives. We we are exploring other options available to us to make sure that in the next few months or so, our family will be together under one roof somewhere.

I must go now and pick up Kanan from daycare and take her to pre-school. I can't believe that my baby will be in kindergatten in August! But again, that is the joy of being a parent, to watch them reach milestones in their lives. That is why I am not blinking.

If you are a parent like me, "Don't blink". They are little for a while. Enjoy every moment and make some precious memories.

No comments: