First day of school was exciting and sad at the same time. Kiki has joined 2nd grade and is very excited about it. Kinya is in Kindergatten and is looking forward to being in school all day! It was so beautiful to see both girls walk to school hand in hand. Nana was excited for them but very very sad that school does not begin for her till Monday the 24th. But has the week has progressed, she has accepted the fact that she has to be patient till pre-school begins next week.
We had so much fun over the summer that time and schedules did not mean much. But alas! summer is over and the new school year is here and somehow we are struggling to fall into some routine and schedule. Today is Friday and I can't believe how the past four days have gone so fast. A friend told me to be careful because before I know, they will be graduating. Now I believe them. They grow so fast. It's my hope that as they grow we can together create some fond memories as we celebrate life each day.
I have been extremely busy at work with Triennual Psychological Assessments. I am responsible for two units with about 20 individuals. I have till the end of September to have all my reports done. This would not be a problem except I am taking off to Kenya for two weeks in September! I am looking forward to seeing my husband after a good two and half years of separation. I joked with him on the phone that I hope I will recognize him when he picks me up at the airport.
The last 2+ years have been quite challenging but we have kept the faith and the hope. I have always liked to think of myself as in charge and in control and this belief has been tested in every way by the US immigration laws big time. However, despite the fact that I cannot change their decisions, I have continued to fight for options that are available to us at all costs. My H-1 visa (work visa) was recently approved and I am travelling to Nairobi to have my status changed. Our hope is that Moses will be granted a H-4 visa (dependent visa) and join us. Please pray for us.
My children have missed their dad dearly. They have held onto memories when we were together as a family. Kiki remembers the long drives from Salt Lake city, or Kemmerer to Kennewick. Washington State, to visit my sister Susan and her family. Kiki believes that her dad was the best driver ever because he could drive through out the night and not sleep. Kinya has memories of her dad warming milk for her before bedtime (something that became almost a ritual). They would then lay on the couch till Kinya fell asleep. I am not sure about what Memories Nana has since she was only 10 months when she saw her dad last. However, I have shown her pictures of dad and her hanging out or snuggling on the couch. She loves these pictures and treasures them.
As for me, our immense love for each other has kept me going. I have missed my husband every single day and every morning I wake up and wish he were here. He is my life partner and not to have him close to share each day is really sad. But as I said, I am keeping the hope and the faith. Soon, I will be in his arms and soon, he will be hugging his little girls. We have prayed and cried and we know the Lord has heard our prayer and our cry and will answer us according to our need.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment