Tuesday, October 29, 2013

2012 HIghlights

I cannot believe that another summer is about to end and the girls will be back to school. Today, Kiki is getting single braids and she is super excited. On our way to Linconl, she said, "Mommy, I am a big girl now, I think I can handle the long hours it takes to get single braids." That's my girl. I can wait to see her after her hair is all made up. Kinys and Kanana are anxiously waiting for their turn!! Last week, I took three days off work to spend some time with them before school began. First, we went to the Omaha zoo where there was plenty to see. Plants, animals of all kinds, fun rides etc. The highlight of the day was the I-max movie theatre. After we wore ourselves out, we went to our hotel and relaxed at the Coco Key's water resort. Kanana encouraged mommy to go on the slides and boy did we have fun. I think its about time I started swim lessons so I can enjoy water activities more. That is officially in my bucket list. The next day, the girls enjoyed the water resort some more before eating lunch and going to the Durham Museum. What a neat place to visit. We had a chance to see a train from 1946!! The girls loved the first class couch with a bunk-beds and little sinks. We learned so much about the history of Omaha and its transformation over the years. We ended our Museum tour at the famous soda fountain where the girls enjoyed coca cola drinks from the little bottles and I settled down for a malt. Time really goes very first. There has been lots going on in our lives this year and will just summarize some of the activities that the kids enjoyed. 1.) Kiki and Kinya were active with girl scouts meetings, projects, volunteer work, fishing and camping events. And of course selling girl scout cookies. The highlight of camping at camp crossed arrows was taking cover after a storm watch for several hour and sleeping in the yurts and wagons. 2) Kanana was very active at the dance studio making the competition team where she danced with a large ballet group and small tap group. I will insert some pictures at a later time. Her performance was spectacular. She made the dance team again this year and she is looking forward to a great time and more competitions. Kanana has also signed up for cheer this year. We will see how this goes. 3) All three girls played spring soccer at the YMCA and had an awesome season. 4) Kinya and Kiki played softball as well in the month of June. It was their first try and they played very well. 5) I cannot forget to mention the lock in slumber party a the dance studio. The girls painted their nails, put on make up, danced and did a few crafts and bonded with the other ROS dancers.

No comments: