I have to say that we had an awesome Thanksgiving. My Friend Lisa invited us to join her at her parents home in Humboldt. We arrived there at about mid-day and were welcomed by the aroma from Judy's Kitchen. she had prepared quite a feast. Lisa, Greg, and their daughter Haven (2) were already there when we arrived. Lisa was busy getting the last pie ready. After a few minutes, Lisa's Grandma Ruth arrived with "Red", her friend of many years. To be specific, Grandma Ruth told me that they had been friends since 1946!!!! Then after a little while Eric (Lisa brother), his wife Mandy, and their daughter Brittney arrived. I could not believe how much Brittney had changed over the years. The last time I saw her was probably six years ago when Lisa and I lived in Salt Lake city. She is a very fine young lady, friendly and outgoing. Kiki and Kinya each wanted to sit next to Brittney and hang out with her. I was Honored to say a prayer before we all sat down to eat. There were 8 adults, 1 teenager, and 4 little girls. Judy had set a little table for the children but since Kiki and Kinya wanted to sit at the adult table next to Brittney, Eric and I sat at the kid's table with Havena and Kanana. Eric was on his knees and I managed to balance myself on the little chairs.
I have to admit that the Turkey and the Ham was so delicious. Not to mention the corn and the green beans, mashed potatoes and Gravy, the staffing, and the pies. Thanks to Grandma Judy and Papa Ron for working so hard to feed all of us. After eating, most of us crushed on the couches upstairs and downstairs. I helped Judy load the dishwashere and put staff away. Meanwhile, the girls were riding the go-cart with Papa Ron. They also played the Piano in the living room hitting randon notes. After too much noise, I asked them to settle down on the floor and play with the blocks. Lisa and Grandma Ruth took over the Piano with Haven on Lisa's lap and played a couple of songs. It was so beautiful to watch those three on the piano.
Aunt Esther had great fun too since this was her first Thanksgiving holiday. She visited with Grandma Ruth, Judy and Ron told them that this feast compared to how we celebrate Christmans in Kenya, when all family members get together and enjoy a big meal. Esther is excited about all the Christmans lights and decorations. On Saturday, I drove her downtown Beatrice and around our neighborhood so see the lights. Ours are not up yet, but we hope to get some this weekend.
I hope you will all enjoy the holiday season.
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment